RED CROSS TRAINING
All Classes listed below are held at Evergreen Sports Center.
To register or more information, call 603-838-6511 or email email@example.com
American Red Cross Lifeguard Course
Do you need a summer job as a lifeguard? Evergreen Sports Center in Lisbon NH, is offering two American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification training courses; spaces in courses fill up fast, sign up ASAP. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold participants spots in the course; which goes towards your course fee. Must be 15 years of age by the first day of the course to enroll – swim pre-test required.
Cost is $250.00 and includes your Lifeguard certification, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, valid for 2 years.
May Mondays & Wednesday evenings 5:30 – 9:00 pm RSVP by April 26
Mondays May 1, 8, 15, 22 & Wednesday May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 (No class on Memorial Day Mon. May 29)
June Weekend RSVP by May 12
Friday June 2 3 – 9 pm, Saturday June 3 & Sunday June 4 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
3. Complete the following event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
Surface dive, feet - first or head first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object.
Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR CLASS
Times & Dates: 6 pm to 9:30 pm Monday & Wednesday evenings (5/1, 5/3, 5/8, 5/10, 5/15, 5/17, and 5/22)
PLUS 1 Saturday morning from 8 am to noon (pick one – 5/6, 5/13, or 5/20)
Cost: $230.00 ( $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold participants spots in the course; which goes towards your course fee).
To participate in the Water Safety Instructor course, individuals must:
Be at least 16 years of age on or before the final scheduled lesson of this course.
Demonstrate the ability to perform the following swimming skills:
1. Swim the following strokes consistent with the Stroke Performance Charts, Level 4 (see Appendix B)
- -Front crawl—25 yards
-Back crawl—25 yards
-Elementary backstroke—25 yards
2. Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling).
3. Tread water for 1 minute
Address:2572 Route 302, Lisbon, NH 03585